Living in Fantasy: Start these Jets in Week 6… Yes. Really.

New York Jets quarterback Samuel Darnold. COURTESY OF WIKIMEDIA COMMONS

This is certainly not the title of an article that you would take seriously in the past, but the New York Jets are playing a Swiss cheese Indianapolis Colts defense that is getting consistently torched by their opponent week-to-week.

Isaiah Crowell

Yes, I am still in shock that Crowell put down 219 yards on 15 carries last year versus a not-terrible Denver Broncos’ defensive line. After racking up a monstrous zero yards in Week 4, Crowell looked like a man possessed, scoring a 77-yard touchdown and ripping a 54-yard run later in the contest.

Now, this team is inconsistent as a club in the NFL, but something was just on with Crowell. And luckily for his owners, he is the go-to man at the goal line for Todd Bowles, so even if he doesn’t but up Barry Sanders-like numbers in Week 6, there is a fairly decent floor for the former Cleveland Brown.

Don’t expect anywhere near 28 fantasy points again for Crowell, but RB2 numbers are likely here to a club surrendering 107 rushing yards per game.

Robby Anderson

Anderson finally had his boom. The ultimate boom-or-bust receiver is an absolute burner and has struggled to find any legitimate chemistry with Sam Darnold so far this season until last week. The impressive 2017 Anderson finally re-emerged, scoring two deep touchdowns and racking three catches for 123 yards.

The Colts aren’t good at defense, if you couldn’t tell from my prior blurb above. Not only are they in the bottom tier of the NFL against the rush, but they are in the bottom 10 against passing offenses.

Unlike Crowell, Anderson has a terrible floor but an outrageous ceiling because of his obvious deep-ball potential. For an inconsistent team, Anderson’s exploits don’t do him well, however, Indy doesn’t have any standouts in their secondary and are quite susceptible to the deep ball.

Expect another low reception, high yardage, touchdown performance from the second-year Jets’ wide-out.

Sam Darnold

The man in charge and who some people have dubbed the savior of New York Jets’ football is Sam Darnold. As a Jets fan, I am certainly not on the bandwagon, but for Week 6, he makes for a fine streaming option against a — you guessed it — porous passing defense.

The Colts have allowed the ninth-most fantasy points to opposing quarterbacks so far this season — and with Crowell’s game last week, Indianapolis needs to focus on stopping the duo of Crowell and Bilal Powell. This allows for play-action and deep ball opportunities to Anderson and guys like Terrelle Pryor and Quincy Enunwa, who have been a disappointment so far this season.

The theme of inconsistency with the Jets should finally take a backseat in Week 6, and the University of Southern California-alum and third-pick of the NFL Draft will yet again have the New York paper overreacting.

Between home-field advantage, a bad opposing defense and an established run game, Week 6 should prove to put Darnold in the QB1 conversation, if only just for a week.