Towers loses power after error in electrical work

The Towers residence hall on Bay State Road, where there was a power outage Thursday evening. ANH NGUYEN/ DAILY FREE PRESS STAFF

The Towers residence hall lost power for about a half an hour Thursday night due to an issue with power lines during a planned outage on Bay State Road, Boston University officials said.

BU spokesperson Colin Riley wrote in an email that energy company Eversource was working on Bay State Road power lines Thursday night and an issue arose causing The Towers to have a power outage. He did not give further details on what the issue was.

“That building was not part of the scheduled outage,” Riley wrote. “Boston University immediately contacted the utility provider to have them expedite restoration of service.”

Riley wrote that BU works with Eversource to try to improve service and have less power interruptions.

“In many cases the planned outages are scheduled to correct issues and improve reliability,” Riley wrote.

Residents of Bay State Road brownstones received an email Wednesday from Jason Grochowalski, an associate director of BU Residence Life, notifying residents of the planned power outage Thursday night.

“Due to electrical work being performed by Eversource, BU’s electric utility provider, there will be brief power interruptions to your building,” Grochowalski wrote. “Elevators, desktop computers, and building light fixtures might be briefly affected. Generators will support emergency circuits during this period.” This is why you should hire an electrician to repair electrical panel in Shelton, WA or nearby areas to avoid scenarios like this.