Ice, Ice Baby

The following reports were taken from the Boston University Police Department crime logs from March 4 to March 17

A caller reported a chunk of ice that fell off of 575 Commonwealth Ave. and damaged her car on March 4.

JUST LIKE MAGIC

A caller reported that his car was stolen March 4 at the corner of Commonwealth Avenue and Granby Street. When the officer arrived, the caller found his car.

SPECIAL DELIVERY

A caller reported a large box sitting in the middle of Marsh Plaza March 12. The box, which was empty, was then broken down and removed.

COMING OUT OF THE CLOSET

A caller reported an unauthorized person hiding in the closet at 79 Bay State Road March 14. The Housing Office handled the issue.

I CHALLENGE YOU TO A DUEL

Officers assisted the Boston Police Department in dealing with a man threatening people with a sword March 15 on Cummington Street.

YOU WANNA TAKE THIS
OUTSIDE?

Security reported students concerned about a fight behind Danielsen Hall’ on March 15. There were reports of a woman screaming. A woman with lacerations was found on the corner of the back street and Massachusetts Avenue. Boston Emergency Medical Services and the State Police were notified.

BALL AND CHAIN

A caller reported that his bike was handcuffed to the bike rack on March 16 in front of the Colleges of Arts and Sciences, and he needed help removing the handcuffs.

ROCK BATTLE

A caller reported that her car was towed’ March 16 while it was parked in a BU parking space and displaying BU permits. The vehicle was towed by a towing company hired by Guitar Center, and she said she needed help resolving the dispute. The company planned to release the car to the owner.

QUICK, CALL THE VILLAGE PEOPLE

BUPD received a report of a suspicious party at a construction site at 77 Albany St. March 17. The security returned a phone call and noted that a construction worker was at the site.