Campus Crime Logs: Oct. 29 – Nov. 1

The following reports were taken from the Boston University Police Department from Oct. 29 to Nov. 1.

Female student almost shot with Nerf-type gun
A female student reported Oct. 29 at 12:01 a.m. that a vehicle pulled up next to her at the Sargent College House, 205 Bay State Road. The student reported a passenger in the vehicle pointed at her what she described as a Nerf-type gun and attempted to shoot. The gun did not go off and the student was able to run into the building.

Packages stolen from 14 Buswell St.
A female student reported Oct. 29 at 8:57 p.m. several packages were stolen from the lobby of the apartments at 14 Buswell St. in South Campus.

License plate stolen outside of CAS
A female student reported Oct. 29 that the rear license plate of her vehicle had been stolen from 685 Commonwealth Ave., the front of the College of Arts and Sciences on Oct. 28 at approximately 10:17 a.m.

Male students found in possession of alcohol at Babcock Street and Gardner Street
Two male students were found in possession of alcohol at Babcock Street and Gardner Street Oct. 30 at 7:06 p.m. One of the students was underage and was cited for possession of alcohol by a minor. The other was cited for procuring alcohol for a minor. Both students are being summonsed to Brighton District Court.

Laptop stolen from the College of Arts and Sciences
A female student reported Oct. 30 at 2:50 p.m. that her laptop computer was stolen from 685 Commonwealth Ave., CAS. The laptop had been left unattended. The student reported that the laptop was worth approximately $1,500.

Witnesses report shots through window of Warren Towers
BUPD officers received several reports Oct. 31 at 4:14 p.m. that something was shot through a window on the ninth floor of 700 Commonwealth Ave., Warren Towers. There is an ongoing investigation underway, but no more information has been released.

Larceny reported at 580 Commonwealth Ave.
In what BUPD called a detected larceny by false pretense, a male student reported that a suspect responded to the student’s Craigslist advertisement saying he would buy some of the victim’s furniture. The suspect sent a MoneyGram to pay for the furniture, but the MoneyGram was worth more than what the student wanted. The suspect asked the student to cash the MoneyGram and send the additional money to a new address. The victim called BUPD and did not follow the suspect’s directions. Due to the nature of the scam, the identity of the suspect is unknown.

Underage male student in possession of malt liquor
BUPD officers stopped an underage male student Oct. 31 at 7:30 p.m. at Babcock Street and Gardner Street and found him to be in possession of two bottles of malt liquor. The student is being summonsed for minor in possession of alcohol to Brighton District Court.

Three underage students in possession of alcohol
BUPD officers stopped three underage male students Oct. 31 at 9:19 p.m. at Alcorn Street and Gardner Street. The students were in possession of several bottles of alcohol and are consequently being summonsed to Brighton District Court.

Bongs found at 210 Bay State Road, no marijuana
On Oct. 31 at 11:11 p.m., BUPD officers responded to resident assistants at 210 Bay State Road. who reported strong odor of marijuana coming from one of the rooms. Officers examined the room and found several bongs, but no marijuana was present.

Intoxicated students and others transported to hospital on Halloween weekend
Numerous students as well as non-affiliates and an employee were transported to the Boston Medical Center during the weekend of Halloween for appearing intoxicated. All of the following were transported to the BMC, unless otherwise stated.

An intoxicated female student was transported from 141 Carlton St., the Core Curriculum House, Oct. 29 at 10:51 p.m.

An intoxicated female student was transported from 275 Babcock St., Sleeper Hall, Oct. 30 at 3:22 a.m.

An intoxicated male student was transported from 575 Commonwealth Ave., Danielsen Hall, Oct. 31 at 12:25 a.m.

An intoxicated non-affiliated male was transported from 700 Commonwealth Ave., Warren Towers, Oct. 31 at 2:31 a.m.

An intoxicated male student was transported from 275 Babcock St., Sleeper Hall, Oct. 31 at 2:46 a.m.

An intoxicated female student was transported from 275 Babcock St., Sleeper Hall, Oct. 31 at 2:46 a.m.

An intoxicated non-affiliated female was found at 610 Beacon St., Myles Standish Hall, Oct. 31 at 4:46 a.m. She was placed under protective custody and taken to the Boston University Police Station.

An intoxicated female student was transported from 33 Harry Agganis Way, StuVi II, Nov. 1 at 12:21 a.m.

An intoxicated employee was transported from 610 Beacon St., Myles Standish Hall, Nov. 1 at 12:53 a.m.

An intoxicated male student was transported from 610 Beacon St., Myles Standish Hall, Nov. 1 at 1:28 a.m.

Kennedy serves as a city associate for the Daily Free Press. A freshman, she studies English with a minor in philosophy. As a journalist, Kennedy shows special interest in crime and local politics. You can follow her on Twitter at @stellarkenn.