Onsite: HomeRuns.com

They may not hit one out of the park, but they will bring it home for you.

No more long lines at the supermarket. HomeRunsbrings the groceries to your doorstep.

With over 10,000 brand-name products to choose from, HomeRuns delivers fresh fruit, vegetables, meat, poultry and fish every day of the week but Sunday.

Organized in supermarket-style aisles, the site delivers specialty foods including organic, low fat, low sodium, vegetarian and kosher products, as well as Asian, Indian and Mexican cuisine.

From baby foods to prepared platters, HomeRuns delivers to the Boston metropolitan area and surrounding suburbs Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. and Saturday 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. HomeRuns accepts orders 24-hours-a-day and most deliveries arrive the next day.

“HomeRuns is all about delivering quality of life to our customers,” said Vice President of Marketing and Business Development Alison Berglund, in a written statement. “As the market leader in one of the most competitive online grocery markets in the country — Boston — we know that our strength lies in our unwavering commitment to customer service and product quality.”

Aside from food, HomeRuns delivers workplace items, household goods, health and beauty products, cameras and film, magazines, music and videos. New products are added continually, and the company fulfills requests for carrying items they do not currently sell.

HomeRuns also delivers alcohol, except on Sundays due to Massachusetts law, as well as tobacco products. HomeRuns request valid identification upon delivery of these items.

HomeRuns.com-users are often hurried families without the time to drive to a supermarket and wait in long lines. The website is also of use to the elderly, those unable to leave their home and shoppers who live far from stores. But according to the company, there is a huge mix of people who use HomeRuns services.

Like supermarkets, the dot-com offers weekly values and specials, with current sections devoted to the upcoming Easter and Passover holidays. The site also includes recipes, with links to the specific ingredients used.

HomeRuns requires a minimum $50 purchase and $2.50 service charge, and accepts credit cards as well as manufacturers’ product coupons. All products are delivered in climate-controlled vans, specially designed to protect fragile items and perishable foods.

The dot-com deliverers never accept tips from customers, but they will take back your old HomeRuns’ bags for recycling.

“All online grocers are not alike,” Berglund said in a written statement. “As we’ve learned from our experiences in Boston, the two biggest hurdles for our customers are to first try the concept of online shopping, then secondly, to earn their trust by consistently providing the services and quality of goods, such as fresh produce, that they have become accustomed to.”

HomeRuns began delivering food in Boston in 1996, and quickly became one of the nation’s leading online home grocery services. Founded by Hannaford Bros., the company, headquartered in Burlington, Mass., has extended delivery to homes in Washington, D.C. The company also hopes to expand to other cities, but has no immediate plans to do so, according to a HomeRuns spokesperson.