Terriers looking to stay undefeated in conference

The Boston University women’s lacrosse team (6-4, 2-0 America East) will attempt to remain undefeated in conference play as the Terriers travel to the University of Delaware (4-7, 2-0 America East) tomorrow.

There are four teams tied for first place in America East. BU is joined by Hofstra University, the University of New Hampshire and Delaware.

Tomorrow’s game is an important one for the Terriers, who look to rebound from their longest losing streak of the season.

To win, the Terriers must find a way to shut down Delaware’s scoring tandem of junior attacker Ashley Moderacki and senior attacker Megan Fortunato.

They are tied for the team lead in points with 29, each tallying 22 goals and seven assists.

BU must also find a way to snap out of its scoring funk.

The Terriers have only managed to score 11 goals in its last two games.

Junior netminder Laurie Tortorelli has recorded 108 saves this season and is allowing just over eight goals per contest.

The Blue Hens have been most effective on the defensive side of the field, and senior defenseman Katy Hahn is the team’s defensive backbone. At the beginning of the season, Hahn was named a College Lacrosse USA Second Team All-American.

She was also honored as last week’s America East defensive player of the week.

Hahn, along with fellow senior defensman Claire Marrazzo and senior midfielder Liz Walton, have forced 60 turnovers, just under half of the team’s total.

After tomorrow’s game, the Terriers will have two “home” games against the University of Connecticut and Syracuse University.

Because of ongoing renovations to Nickerson Field, which will last until the end of the season, the Terriers will play at Babson College.