Ticket crisis could have been avoided

I agree with Jesse Broder Van Dyke’s assertion that senior week tickets were too difficult to come by. My girlfriend and I signed up for almost every event, and got very few tickets ourselves. If Boston University is going to have “senior events,” they should either have a lot more events or events with a higher capacity. I have heard many people complaining about being shut out of the entire week’s worth of fun. Some way to send off the outgoing seniors.

I feel bad for those who got a ticket when their significant other did not. However, there was an easy way to avoid such a situation: Request two tickets! We all had the opportunity to request up to two tickets per event; why not take advantage of it?

If it was so important for people to get these tickets, I don’t understand why they wouldn’t try to double their chances of doing so. We weren’t required to buy every ticket we were offered, so what was the harm in signing up for as many as possible?

The dearth of tickets should never have been an issue. Unfortunately, it was. While there was no way to guarantee ourselves tickets, there were still ways to increase our odds.

Jeremy Wahlman

COM ’01