Salvation Army Centers

The Salvation Army has approximately 350 employees and over 2,000 volunteers statewide who run a broad range of programs and services like the ones below, which help people of different ages and situations.

Good Neighbor Energy Fund: 20 energy companies across the state have combined resources to help provide less expensive energy to citizens in need of energy assistance.

Camp Wonderland: “Kids need to get away from it all, too. Especially inner-city kids,” says the website. The camp, in Sharon, Mass. provides a typical camp atmosphere for children 6-12 who otherwise would not be able to afford the camp experience.

Prisoner Rehabilitation and Crime Prevention: Some prisoners are paroled directly to the custody of the Salvation Army, which runs a halfway house for released prisoners, providing job training and counseling. They also run worship services in jails.

Adult Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers: Adult men and women with addiction problems are admitted to housing facilities where they receive meals, medical care, and therapy.