BU Basketball is Awesome, Fans are Lame

I just got back from the fifth BU basketball game I’ve seen this year and it ranked top on my all time list of games I’ve ever been to, and I’ve seen Duke and St. John’s play live. There were two alley-hoops to Rashad Bell and Billy Collins elevated way over the rim to slam down a missed three-pointer. . . IT WAS AWESOME! Those are three of the four really amazing plays that I’ve seen since I starting watching BU basketball, the other one was when 5 foot 10 Chaz Carr slam dunked in a game against Dartmouth! If only there were more BU fans then UNH fans tonight. It seemed more like we were the away team than at home. When we make an awesome play like an alley-hoop, and me, my two friends, and the girls from the women’s basketball team are the only ones standing up and cheering, something is very wrong. Where are all the fans and where’s the dog pound?! There must be 1000 kids out of tens of thousands at BU that like basketball and want to see our awesome team. Let’s give our team the home advantage they deserve and stop being so damn lame! – Jon Fisch