Work For Change

Over the past few weeks, the opinion pages of The Daily Free Press have been crammed with words of passionate students who have suddenly decided to come out of the woodwork. These students have expressed their dissatisfaction with the efforts of the Student Union in bringing the change that Boston University students agree is necessary. Now is the time to stop passively fighting battles in newsprint and start doing something.

A Student Union committee on the Guest Visitation Policy has proven change in the policy is due, deserved and, most importantly, possible. Boston University students have expressed time and time again that this issue is a concern that needs to be addressed. However, no group of motivated and passionate students will achieve change without the full and active support of the student body. So, what can you do?

A current phase of our mission involves compiling stories — hundreds and hundreds of stories — from you, the students. Tell us about your experience with the guest policy — in what ways has it negatively affected your Boston University experience? The more stories we compile, the more concrete data we have to prove this policy simply does not fit in with the needs of the BU community. Numbers — percentages of dissatisfied students — can get us only so far. Please e-mail your stories and your thoughts to freepast12@hotmail.com. This, like all of our campaigns toward change, needs to be an effort of the students and not solely of the Student Union.

You’ve shown us through your words that we want the same change. Talk will get you nowhere. Start acting.