A/B CRIME LOG: Brighton Hit By Consecutive Robberies

The following were taken from last week’s Allston-Brighton District 14 crime logs.

Two consecutive armed robberies occurred in Brighton last Wednesday afternoon, ending with the apprehension of both suspects.

Police responded to a call at 1:30 p.m. from the Kentucky Fried Chicken at 30 North Beacon St. in Brighton. The manager said the suspect asked if he had change for a hundred dollars. When the manager opened the cash register to check, the suspect reportedly demanded all the money, claiming to have a gun.

After reportedly taking approximately $300, the suspect allegedly demanded the manager’s wallet as well, which he refused to give up. The suspect then reportedly fled in a taxi with a woman in the back seat, witnesses said.

Minutes later, a similar call was placed to Lappen’s Auto Shop at 393 N. Beacon St. The clerk reported the suspect asked for change for a hundred dollar bill, then stole $250-300 from the open cash drawer before fleeing the scene.

Police contacted the Metro Cab Company, which said the two suspects were dropped off at the intersection of Charles and Stuart streets. Upon hearing this, police were able to stop the suspects in the area.

Witnesses brought to the scene positively identified the suspects as Allen Novida, 39, of 66 Haskell Ave. in Revere, and Sonia Boyd, 40, of 29 Bentley St. in Brighton. The two were taken into custody, and police seized $340 and a black-handled kitchen knife from Novida’s pockets.

MOTOR VEHICLE CHASE

A routine traffic stop turned into a multi-car chase Friday morning near 2121 Commonwealth Ave.

Officer James Blake attempted to stop and pull over a vehicle driving at a high speed at 10:15 a.m. The driver allegedly braked and signaled to the right, indicating he was pulling over. Once the driver eluded the officer, he sped up and continued driving outbound on Commonwealth Avenue.

A description of the vehicle was broadcast, and Boston College Police found the suspect still in his car at a BC parking garage.

Jason Wu, 20, of 140 Kenrick Street in Brighton, was arrested and issued citations for multiple violations. The Boston Police Department towed the vehicle.

VANDALISM

Police responded to a call regarding a fight at Great Scott’s Barroom at 1222 Commonwealth Ave. in Brighton at 1:15 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 14.

Upon the officers’ arrival, the manager reported the suspects allegedly broke the window of the front door after being kicked out of the bar. The doorman also reported one of the suspects spit at him after he was denied re-entrance to the bar, then started a fight among 8-10 people.

One of the suspects, Sean Currier, 20, of 35 Somerset Ave. in Winthrop, returned, saying he had lost his phone. After the doorman identified Currier as a suspect, police asked for his ID, which he could not produce. Currier said he was not asked to show any ID to enter the bar.

Police issued a license premise violation to the manager, Tim Philbin, for failure to inspect IDs and having a person under 21 on the premises. The bar filed a complaint against Currier, who will be taken to court.

ARMED ROBBERY

A Presto’s Pizza deliveryman told police he was robbed last Thursday while delivering an order on North Beacon Street.

The deliveryman arrived at 284 North Beacon St. to deliver food to Apt. 115 Thursday evening. Upon arrival, he found no such address exists. Two suspects then allegedly approached him, demanding his pizza and money, and the taller of the two suspects allegedly pointed a gun at him. The victim handed over his money and the food, worth $85 in total, and the suspects reportedly fled toward Faneuil Street.

A description of the suspects was broadcast, but they were not found.