Republicans love Pelosi too

I read Jenn Char’s letter yesterday, and I have to say that if this is how most Democrats feel, the Republicans should expect to gain more seats in Congress in 2004. Her main point seemed to be that America isn’t moving to the right because, “When 40 percent of the electorate votes, it is impossible to discern the political direction of the country.” Although our country was founded on the idea of “one man, one vote,” if 60 percent of the electorate fails to vote, that means that they are no longer involved in politics, at least until the next election. So, as hard as it is for most Democrats to admit, the country has moved to the right politically, at least for two more years. Also, being a Republican, I can’t wait to have Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) as the House Minority Leader. Her “left-coast liberalism” is going to drive all of the moderate voters to vote Republican. As much as I disliked him, at least Dick Gephardt (D-MO) knew how to compromise. With Pelosi, the compromise that the American people love will be replaced with hard-line liberal ideas. I can’t wait to see the Republican vote totals after that happens.

-Jeffrey Hexel CAS ’05