offensive pijerov letter to editor (12/3)

Hello, Josh. Man, I’m pissed. I’d love it if you could place my letter in tomorrow’s DFP. This is the first letter I’ve submitted, and I feel very stongly that Mr. Pijerov’s nasty comments are screaming for an intelligent response. Thanks for your time! And now, onto my letter…

Anthony Pijerov, you crossed the line, my friend. Reading your letter (“Title IX a phony excuse for end to football,” Dec. 3), I expected a well-presented argument focused on facts. Instead, what I found was this comment: “In an attempt to look smart, which we all know is hard as a College of Communication student…” Talk about “snide remarks” and “spread[ing] misconception and falsehood”! Such a statement is both unfounded and unfair. I began my BU career in CAS and transferred to COM as a junior. I worked hard to become part of the COM community and am proud to be a member of it. Each and every day I interact with intelligent, enthusiastic students and superb professors. In learning about communication and persuasion, I know that convincing cases are made using intellect, not insults. No need to be nasty.

Lauren Krzyzynski COM ’03