Admissions Office gets burglarized

The following reports were taken from the Boston University Police Department logs.

The lobby area at the Office of Admissions, at 121 Bay State Rd., was burglarized in the early morning of Nov. 25. Two couches, a bench, a phone and a computer mouse were taken. There was no sign of forced entry.

SCAMPCO A suspicious male walked into the Campus Convenience at Commonwealth Avenue and Deerfield Street on Nov. 15 at 4 p.m. The suspect claimed he worked for Boston Fire Prevention and proceeded to inspect the building. He proceeded to ‘inspect’ the building and then asked to be paid. The suspect left with an undisclosed amount of money.

TAXI DRIVER A Boston University student was struck by a taxi at Buswell and Mountfort streets on Nov. 18. The student sustained non-life-threatening injuries to her head and leg, police said. A taxi ran over the left ankle of a male BU student as he was exiting the vehicle on Nov. 19, police said.

DRUGS, NOT HUGS Police arrested several individuals on the Boston Medical Center campus for narcotics violations. Those arrested included Freddy Vega, 41, of Jamaica Plain, Janet Frazier, 47, of Dorchester and six other unnamed individuals.

THIEVING CORPORATION A black cell phone was stolen from the Fleet Bank in the George Sherman Union on Nov. 21. A BU student had left the phone unattended for approximately 10 minutes. A white Land Gear mountain bike was stolen in front of 595 Commonwealth Ave. on Nov. 22. The bike was secured with a cable lock. Three books belonging to the BU library were stolen from the College of Fine Arts on Nov. 24. A blue mountain bike was stolen from the first floor hallway of 199 Bay State Rd. sometime during the weekend of Nov. 23. The bike’s owner had left it there from Friday, Nov. 22 to Monday, Nov. 25.

FRAGS AND TAGS Police arrested Matthew Dunne and Nicholas French, both 19, of Abington, for vandalism on Nov. 23. The men were smashing glass out of motor vehicles and tipping over trash cans, police said. The word ‘murder’ was found scrawled on the bulletin boards of several floors of Myles Standish Hall, 610 Beacon St., on Nov. 27.

UNINVITED GUEST Police arrested Andrew Sinitsin, 23, of Somerville, for trespassing on Nov. 23. Sinitsin had been living in the fourth floor lounge of 685 Commonwealth Ave.