Idea for “Spotlight” section

This is Shohei Uesugi, and this e-mail is intended for the head of the “Spotlight” section.

I am following up on the article idea I had proposed the DFP, and who’s chief editor advised me to consult with the “Spotlight” section head.

Here are the basic infos concerning the article idea:

The event in question is the national submission grappling tournament that will be held on Saturday March 15th in Bayonne NJ.

The BU Submission Grappling Club Team is intending to send as many of its members as it can. At least 1, at most perhaps 5. It depends on who remains uninjured and healthy by the said date.

The Spotlight section could cover the story of one of the team member. For example, it could be about me, a BU student aiming to become a professional full-contact fighter, or others.

I can write articles, about the event, about member performance, and so forth. We could get photos too, of the event or of the members at any time, by us or the DFP photo taker, during or after the event.

I understand that the DFP can’t include everyone everytime, but I think it can include someone sometimes. So we’re trying to be that someone and grasp that sometime.

The event is big, and if we do well it will be extraordinary, thus deserving of the attention. Our club has been in existence since more than 5 years, maybe 7, 8, or 9, I don’t quite remember (lol).

Meanwhile, we haven’t had a major tournament coverage by the DFP, and wish that once a decade or half-a-decade, our tournament activity could be recognized and covered by our university newspaper.

Sincerely, Shohei Uesugi