Abortion frees college students

n Recent letters to The Daily Free Press have indicated that a significant percentage of abortions in America are performed on college women. I know this will make me a pro-choice “radical,” but I say right on! Thank you, Peter Smallcomb, but I wouldn’t really consider America’s pro-choice population to be “radical,” when they make up 57 percent of the population according to The Washington Times (Right to choose ignores right to life,” Jan. 28, pg. 11).

Every day at BU, there’s a constant complaint from every woman: there aren’t enough men here. Well, just wait and see how lonely those girls’ Saturday nights would be if half of the men had to drop out to support their unaborted newborns!

As Chanc-ident Silber’s misguided efforts have proven, no one can stop young adults from having sex. Therefore, it is in the interest of every BU female and, in fact, even the BU administration itself, to support a woman’s right to choose.

Without this option, a large chunk of people at our university our friends, our classmates, even our student leaderswould be too busy being uneducated parents to unhappy, unwanted children to join us here. They never would have been here to enrich our college experience or contribute to the Trustees’ already bulging wallets. They never would have continued their education and gone on to win Nobel Prizes, make scientific breakthroughs or pen best-sellers.

On the bright side, if abortion is outlawed we’ll all have our pizzas delivered and our trucks driven by really bright young fathers and mothers. Those of you here at BU who are engaging in sexual activity had better start practicing the phrase “would you like fries with that?” just in case.

Jeff Lamoreaux

COM ’04