24 keeps on tickin’

Time is running out.

No one knows this phrase better than CTU Special Agent Jack Bauer (Keifer Sutherland), who is fervently trying to stop the detonation of a nuclear bomb set to go off in Los Angeles on Fox’s critically acclaimed drama, ’24.’ The entire show focuses on one day in Bauer’s life and right now, about 12 hours in, there’s not much time left for new viewers to get in on the thrill ride. If you’ve never seen ’24,’ you can get debriefed at www.Fox.com/24 and then get in on the action right away.

’24’ is definitely worth checking out. The riveting series, now in its second season, has done its part to quietly revolutionize primetime television. Last season, millions of fans watched Bauer stop an assassination attempt on a presidential candidate (Dennis Haysbert) while trying to rescue his kidnapped wife and daughter.

This season started after Bauer’s last mission. After choosing to retire (due to the horrific murder of his wife, back in Season one), Bauer is called back into the field by a personal request from the president he saved. Viewers beware: you may think that Bauer will reach the nuke in time, but ’24”s storylines are always anything but predictable.

’24’ is the first television series to be set in real time. Each episode is one hour in the lives of the characters and, at the end of the season (24 episodes), one whole day has gone by. In the world of ’24’ creative freedom is limited because even the littlest occurrence, like stopping at a red light, needs to be timed perfectly. The meticulous planning involved in the show is what makes it unique and addictive.

’24’ uses trademark special effects that set it apart from other television shows. This show is known for its habit of surprising the audience with startling events. No character on the show is trustworthy and no one’s life is secure. Not even the actors themselves know if their character will survive through the end of the season.

The best thing, however, is that while every other television show has only one season finale, ’24’ has one every week. Every episode leaves viewers astonished with a cliffhanger ending causing an incredible adrenaline high at the end of every episode.

There’s not much time left, so don’t miss out on one of the most thrilling shows on television today. If you want to get in on the action, you can watch ’24’ Tuesday nights at 9 p.m. on FOX.