Step Back A Little

With all the media coverage and differing views regarding the war in Iraq, it’s very easy to get mixed up in what is exactly going on. There is a lot we don’t realize when we sit in front of our televisions, watching the news reports or when we read the newspaper with our morning coffee. And I am certainly as guilty of this as probably most (if not everyone) reading this article.

I didn’t realize this until I was talking to a friend about the war on Tuesday night. I came to the realization that we need to support this war. Now I am not saying that everyone should go out and praise President Bush for a great job or that everyone has to agree with the idea of war. What I AM saying is that there are people thousands of miles away from us who are fighting so that we will eventually live in a world where terror does not exist. It is for this reason, if for no other that we should support our soldiers in Iraq. They are fighting for a free world, it’s about time we step back from our political ideals and give these men and women all the support they so rightfully deserve.

Jason Gutlaizer SED ’04 (617) 352-7433 jaygut@bu.edu