Protests are Anti-american

It is hard to imagine there are people as ignorant and naive as some of those who have written anti-war letters to this newspaper. Anti-war [sic] protests are anti-American, protesters may not be. Most protesters don’t even know who pays for and organizes all their protests. The group is International ANSWER (Act Now to Stop War ‘ End Racism!). ANSWER is a front for International Action Coalition (IAC), which itself is front group for the Workers World Party(WWP). The World Workers Party according to its own website is an organization that promotes Marxism, Stalinism/Juche and socialism; for those that do not know what that is, it is the worst form of communism. The World Workers Party regularly expresses solidarity with the communists dictatorships of N. Korea, Cuba, Vitenam etc. While there is no flag burning at protests in the US, ANSWER protests outside the US regularly burn the flag. In the middle east, ANSWER protests frequently call for death to America in between stuff about Jews that I will not repeat here. It does not get more anti-American than that folks. The only reason they do not burn the flag or say the same stuff here is because that would destroy the “peace protest” facade. Of course, finding out such vital info requires quite a bit of effort (ie entering “ANSWER and “world workers” ” in Google and pressing enter). There are also many clues to tip you off. Ever wonder why all ANSWER protests end up calling for an end to capitalism, free Muima, free Jamil etc. These protests are not about inspections. In fact, the WWP actually believes that inspections are also a form of war. The other group organizing protests is IAC which itself is affiliated with WWP. The IAC is headed by Ramsey Clark who was the Attorney General of the US under President Lyndon B. Johnson. Mr. Clark for those who don’t know, heads the Slobodan Milosevic defense group and regulary comes to the defense of war criminals in Bosnia. He has also gone on the record saying that the war crimes tribunal is a form of NATO aggression. There is a reason why these groups protest the war, it is not the reason why many people here think they are protesting the war. These people support Saddam. In fact, speaking at the UN this week, the Iraqi ambassador said that Saddam was grateful for the protests. Whether they like it or not, the people marching against this war are encouraging Saddam and that will just lead to more bloodshed on both sides. The people that fund and sponsor protests are not nice people they do so for their own objectives and nothing more. I feel sorry for some of the protesters, they are just pawns. Anurodh Pokharel CAS ’04 6174622339