SUEC issues four weekend sanctions

Four sanctions were handed out over the weekend to all three Student Union executive board slates, with fines ranging from $100 to loss of campaign privileges, according to Student Union Elections Commission Chair Jeanette Jankiewicz.

‘True 2’ received their third sanction for again illegally placing flyers on Residence Assistant bulletin boards, she said. The ‘True 2’ slate also received their second sanction for the same reason.

The slate, which has been fined $350 over the course of the campaign, will receive a different, harsher penalty, according to Jankiewicz.

‘They are not going to be allowed to campaign until the debate [today],’ she said.

A restriction on campaigning means no slate member will be able to wear a ‘True 2’ t-shirt, hand out flyers or make any announcements about their slate until 7 p.m. today.

The ‘Truant’ slate was sanctioned twice this weekend for improper posting of campaign materials and writing ‘Truant’ on the sidewalk. Both sanctions carry a $100 dollar fine, Jankiewicz said.

The ‘URANUS’ slate received the fourth sanction for including members who were not part of the slate for a recent article and picture published in The Daily Free Press.

Jankiewicz also announced last night that the webcast of tonight’s slate debate was cancelled because of ‘miscommunication between COM and SUEC.’