Gunshot fired near Claflin

A gunshot fired in back of Claflin Hall led to a chase through Allston early yesterday morning, but the Boston University Police Department could not confirm any arrests or injuries.

At approximately 3:00 this morning, police reported a gunshot in the alley next to Midas Muffler at 975 Commonwealth Ave., which borders Claflin Hall. The suspect was described as a white male in white shoes and a leather jacket. BUPD had no comment about any suspects.

College of Communication freshmen Rachel Holman and Jennifer Hsu were falling asleep to a movie in their Claflin room when they heard the shot.

‘I thought it was part of the movie,’ Holman said.

Once she realized the shot was fired outside her window, Holman said she was ‘pretty upset about it.’

Hsu said she heard a man and a woman arguing for a short time before the shot was fired.

‘I just heard some guy yelling really loud and he was really belligerent and yelling for someone to come on down and fight,’ she said.

Hsu said she thought the man was yelling at someone in Claflin, who was yelling back out her window to the man on the street below.

Hsu went to her window after the shot was fired and said ‘immediately there were cops everywhere.’