Rhetty-to-go Meals Ain’t Goin Anywhere

I read the April 7th article regarding the Rhetty-to-go meals. I must say, the idea sounds great – more than great, in fact. But in practice, it doesn’t seem so. I ordered an r-t-g meal for Towers online in late March that included a side salad, stuffed shells, a bottle of water and some pudding. Relatively simple you would think – but no. First off, they goofed up the order and had it ready the day before I had requested it to be ready. When I went to get lunch that day, I was informed that I couldn’t because I had used a r-t-g meal. With a shrug I used a guest meal for dinner and picked up my r-t-g meal seeing as I had already “paid” for it. I was revolted when I looked inside. The salad was wilted and had tomatoes and peppers that were not merely “overripe,” but rotten. Even worse, there was a piece of what I assumed to be cheese on top of the salad that had completely melted and then re-solidified. Maybe the dining services people can tell me how a salad (which is supposed to be refrigerated) can have melted cheese on it? I am willing to bet it was sitting out in the heat of the kitchen waiting for me to pick it up the following day. In addition to the salad, the stuffed shells that came with the meal were nothing more than sawdust heaps garnished with tomato paste. And after one look at the pudding, I felt the sudden urge to vomit. So Mr. Hubbard, congratulations on creating the online ordering process. It is pretty cool. But I think you need to go back to basics. I suggest that you start with the food you serve – try something edible. I know it sounds crazy, but it just might work.