The Surreal Cancun

Boston University’s own Brittany is one of the 16 cast member’s of Bunim-Murray and New Line cinema’s The Real Cancun. This week she sat down and dished the dirt on what it’s like to start being real.

How did you find out about The Real Cancun?

If it weren’t for my roommates, I probably wouldn’t be sitting here. One of my roommates got a flyer from Barnes ‘ Noble, and said, ‘You’re crazy, you should go for it.’

Was it a disappointment you weren’t in the final cut more?

No, I had a feeling of what they were trying to do, and I didn’t connect romantically with someone in the house. So, I’m glad they didn’t put in some of the incriminating things I did. There’s a Jacuzzi scene I really did not want going in. I talked to the producers, and they said ‘Just you wait for the DVD.’ I thought it was a great movie, I don’t have to be the center of attention like some of the other people did.

Like whom?

Alan he was totally acting the whole time. He’s not a little innocent dork; he’s nothing like that. In fact, that German girl at the end he slept with her. He’s not the little innocent icon they make him out to be. And the virgin who’s going to Harvard next year, David, he lost his virginity on the beach with some random girl.

How about Casey? What’s he like in real life?

He actually did get to kiss a lot of people, although they made it seem like he didn’t. He made out with a lot of people. He’s exactly how he is in the movie. He’s so funny. He’s not the brightest crayon in the box… he’s a really sweet guy, really sincere. But, he’s a male model from Miami, and he just wants to make out with people.

Any more good dirt?

Snoop Dogg partied at our house, and drama went down. And Laura really is a psycho, that wasn’t editing. She was obsessed with Jeremy…

Was there anything you wish they hadn’t left out?

I really wish they would’ve shown a scene with A Simple Plan they’re my favorite band. I got onstage and sang a song with them. And I made out with the lead singer, so I really was hoping they’d put that in there. Yeah, and there was another wet T-shirt contest. Not the one with the twins, but another on at our pool party. I won that one. They didn’t show what we did to win that one.

So, the DVD, with the addition of deleted scenes, is going to be something to look forward to?

Yeah, but my parents are never going to own it!