To the Class of 2007

Dear Class of 2007,

The staff of The Daily Free Press would like to welcome you to Boston University. We encourage you to explore the place that will become your home away from home – the campus and the city – using our orientation issue as a guide.

One of the most important things you can do in your first few weeks and months at college is get involved in one or more of BU’s many student organizations. The Daily Free Press, BU’s independent student newspaper, offers many opportunities for freshman – regardless of your interests.

At the FreeP, you can write articles, take pictures, draw comics or sell advertising. Regardless of whether your interests are creative, business-oriented or analytical, there is a place for you at our daily paper, which a group of about 80 people work to produce every academic day. We cover everything that affects students at BU, from campus news about student groups, faculty and student governments to news about the city council, mayor, governor and surrounding area. There are weekly sections that deal with entertainment, science and business news.

And don’t worry if you’re feeling crunched for time. At the Free Press, you can put in as much time as you have. You can write once a month, once a week or every day, if you’re so inclined.

If you’d like to get involved, come visit us at our office, located at 842 Commonwealth Ave., or call us at (617) 232-6841 ext.3.

Sincerely, The Editors of The Daily Free Press