Shopping in Bed? How vogue!

Been at a mall recently? Then you’ve seen the Christmas decorations that are already up on the walls. Hello, Thanksgiving isn’t even here yet! But, alas, the holiday shopping season is here (sigh) and The Muse style gurus are here to tell you how to avoid becoming overwhelmed by it all. Now, we know that you check your mail every day and disregard the numerous catalogs that magically show up in your box, but people, these are the keys to your stress-free shopping experience. Take a look at some of these catalogs, start placing orders now and in no time you’ll be armed and ready for the holiday seasons.

Want the luxury and options of department store shopping? Then pick up a copy of the Nordstrom catalogue. This department store, famous for it’s shoe selection, offers a wide range of gift ideas everything from expensive Longchamp buckled leather satchels, to affordable and cute Cari Rhinestone mini hair barettes. This catalogue is perfect for everyone. It includes gifts for moms, dads, and kids everywhere. So if you’re worrying about what to get little Johnny this year, worry no more turn to page three of Nordstrom’s Holiday 2003 catalog and order him Jack Rabbit Creations’ Dr. Seuss Wooden Block Set ($39.95). Orders received by Nordstrom’s catalogue are delivered in 4-10 business days, depending on your location.

Stressing about what to get that person who already has everything? Well, stress no more. Brookstone carries a line of fantastic, practical… ok, slightly excessive products. The catalog has everything from personal air conditioners to the famous Swedish Pillow. Gifts and gadgets galore, Brookstone has unique items you won’t be able to find anywhere else. Brookstone sells sells the Segway Human Transporter, you know, the world’s first self-balancing person transporter ($3,995, ouch!). Orders ship in 5 to 7 business days depending on the manufacturer.

Do you want to be the one to give the trendiest beauty products to your friends when you go back home for the holidays, but don’t feel like battling the feisty women and even feistier men at Sephora? Then why don’t you just order one of their catalogs? The great thing about Sephora’s catalog is the selection the catalogue features the hottest products for the season from Lorac, Tony and Tina, Fekkai and Benefit all on the opening pages. Thus, no need to fish around for the precious Dandelion blush by Benefit at the store. Every page of the catalog is filled with great products like Stila’s Confections for Eyes and Cheeks most of which have absolutely adorable packaging. Need your gifts wrapped? Not a problem. Sephora’s products come wrapped in a handsome black box with pretty raspberry-pink ribbon. To order, call 1-877-Sephora or visit www.sephora.com. Order more than $75 dollars of products and receive free shipping. How can you go wrong?

And what about that precious little cousin or nephew of yours? FAO Schwartz of course! If you don’t listen to any of the advice about holiday shopping on this page, do listen to this you need to order this catalog. Do you have any idea what’s it’s like battling the crowds at this famous toy store during the holidays? Well, it’s hell not only do you have to watch your step (you might crush one of the thousands of kids running around the store) but you also have to constantly watch your back, because at any moment, one of those gargantuan stuffed animals may fall from its high-and-mighty shelf and maul you to death. Well, it’s not that bad, but still pretty horrific. Anyway, check out the catalog it has that perfect toy that you know that little devil in your family is dying to have, such as Crayola’s Crayon Maker ($29.95). FAO Schwartz products ship in 7 to 10 days, and gift-wrap is available for $3.95 per item.

Bottom line don’t stress about this holiday’s shopping season, there’s still plenty of time. So check out some of these catalogues to expand your shopping horizons.

Honorable mentions-

Victoria’s Secret Catalog While the Victoria’s Secretstores are bulging with lingerie, the catalog offers many things that you cannot buy in the stores. For example, did you know that Victoria’s Secret has a whole line of clothing by Moda International. The holiday catalog features great sweaters and accessories that are catalog exclusive. Pick up the latest issue of the catalog at a Victoria’s Secret store near you.