May’s Column Wildly Inaccurate

Readers may find Patrick May’s latest column “An inside look” funny. Being a dedicated, hardworking Student Union senator, I must object to his unjust misrepresentation of the Student Union. Clearly our meetings commence at 8 PM and not 9. May’s lack of journalistic integrity in this matter is astounding and I am deeply offended. I propose the Union form a committee to establish a formal request to appropriate student funds to maybe-quite-possibly-hopefully encourage an apology from the Freep for years of slander and abuse. These needless attacks must stop now! Unite in support of your altruistic, effective student government!

Now, on an actually serious note: Student Union Senate meetings are open to all and take place on Monday nights in Photonics Room 211 at (taking notes?) 8 PM. We encourage students to come. Don’t worry, we won’t stare at non-Union members with laser eyes and quiz them over whether impeachment calls for 3/4 or simple majority of the senate vote or what a bylaw is. (As if we’d know!) If anyone really wants to know what goes on in the Student Union, come on down. Meetings are much more fun than they may sound. Usually.

Jennifer Davenport CAS ’06 Student Union Senator (Towers)

617-515-8906