Man arrested in Kenmore bank robbery

The FBI arrested a 23-year-old man in Allston Wednesday morning in connection with three area bank robberies – including one at the Kenmore Square Citizens Bank on Jan. 22.

Brian Corbett was arrested at 23 Farrington Ave. in Allston – The Farrington Inn – at 11:30 a.m. Wednesday, according to a statement from the FBI’s Boston field office. The FBI Bank Robbery Task Force, along with Boston police and other area police, surrounded the building and confronted Corbett when he tried to leave the building.

“After a brief scuffle, Corbett was subdued and placed into custody,” according to the FBI’s statement.

Corbett was arrested on warrants for allegedly robbing Brookline Bank at 1016 Beacon Street on Feb. 2 and a Citizens Bank in Medford on Jan. 29, in addition to a warrant for the robbery at Citizens Bank in Kenmore. Special Agent Gail Marcinkiewicz said he may be a suspect in other area robberies.

The arrest came five days after the FBI publicly named Corbett as a suspect and released a photo of him to the media.

It was unclear Thursday whether Corbett would be prosecuted by federal authorities or by the Suffolk County District Attorney. According to the FBI, he was being held by Boston police and was scheduled to appear in Brighton District Court Thursday.