Maybe I was not clear

Maybe I was not clear

“Sometimes a child would be better off being raised by gay parents” rather than living in a foster home, orphanage or in a unhealthy heterosexual relationship. “[T]he Florida legislature is looking out for the best interest of the children[‘s]” sexual upbringing. Everyone puts different weights on what is important in raising a child and the Florida legislature and myself agree that a proper and natural sexual upbringing surpasses the love and care of a family. This my seem asinine, but is a matter of personal belief and no one has to agree with me, just respect me. Remember too, that the south is very different from the north. Homosexuality is still an unjustified tabu in the south. Another personal belief, and scientific truth is that all people are naturally born attracted to the opposite sex. If this were not true, I question if the human race would exist today. Many others carry this belief too and there has not been any scientific evidence to prove otherwise. Hopefully, this clears up and justifies my statement about people choosing to be gay. I also thought I acknowledged that heterosexual relationships are not perfect and do have there problems, but there seemed to be confusion about this. Lets be fair and also acknowledge that homosexual relationships are susceptible to the same problems. It seems that my letter has also been misinterpreted to say that gays are not or can not be good parents. Gays offer a lot of love, open mindedness and care to children as parents, but as a role model, the sexual choices they make and the type of lifestyle they lead is the wrong one for children to follow. A man and a woman have the power to bring a child into the world, because there relationship is right morally and naturally. Homosexuality is wrong and not natural. It has no purpose! Of course love counts for something, but above is my basis for calling homosexuality unnatural. This may seem bigoted, but I am just following the law of nature and speaking on my beliefs.

Matthew Sullivan

SHA ’07

msboone03@msn.com

407 342-2991