City Crime Logs

The following reports were taken from the Boston Police Department’s District 14 (Allston-Brighton) crime logs from the period of Sept. 22 to Oct. 10

A police officer confiscated four tickets for the Red Sox-Yankees series the afternoon of Oct. 1 after witnessing a fan attempt to buy tickets from a scalper outside Fenway Park on the corner of Lansdowne and Ipswich Streets.

Officer Lyndon Christian observed the fan approach the scalper and exchange money for the tickets before confronting the two parties.

“I should not have done that in front of you officer, but this is costing me over $1,000,” the fan said.

The fan told Officer Christian the scalper wanted $500 for tickets valued $150 and he wanted $200 for those valued at $23.

MIDNIGHT BASH

Police took a man into custody for vandalism the night of Oct. 2 after witnesses reported seeing a group of 15 men marauding and damaging property along Park Vale Avenue.

The witness said she saw the suspect wielding a baseball bat smashing cars and other nearby property, while other participants held table legs. When she shouted out her window to disperse the crowd, they shouted threats back at her before finally leaving the area.

After receiving the report officers searched the area around Park Vale Avenue and located the man, who was identified as one of the vandals by the witness. Officers placed the man in handcuffs, but released him after the woman retracted her statement identifying him as one of the offenders.

NICE GUYS FINISH LAST

A Brighton resident reported to police that her handyman committed check fraud against him, altering a $100 check to $1,100, and that the handyman stole his keys, as well.

When confronted about the incident, the handyman said he thought his employer was “being nice” by leaving the check blank, however, the employer produced a carbon copy of the check proving he did not leave it blank.

Before discovering the error in a bank statement, the employer also realized several of his keys were missing and changed the locks to his house. He said he suspected the handyman of stealing the keys, because he was the only person present in the house when they went missing.

The suspect ultimately admitted to altering the check.

In a separate matter, the suspect is currently under investigation by the Austin, Texas Police for stealing credit cards and firearms.