Marines celebrate their history By Ursula Remy

Ms. Remy’s article about the Marine Corps’ birthday celebration displays a serious lack of understanding about Marines coupled with an undercurrent of antiwar nuance. She leads her article with, “In the shadow of the Iraq War…” what shadow is she talking about? Within the first three lines of her article she says, “…except for the rising anti-war sentiment around the nation…” even if that were true there is no room for political commentary in an article about Marine Corps history. A few lines further in the article she does the worst thing you could do…..she calls us “soldiers”……we are not, and never will be “soldiers”. We are Marines, nothing more, nothing less. I would like to offer Ms. Remy something to think about. Do not forget the silent majority of our nation, the blue collar worker, the small town natives, and their sons and daughters that volunteer to serve in our country’s military. We all believe in the cause to defend our nation and we understand the only proper defense is to take the fight to the enemy. If you stand at the border to defend your country then you will certainly be in the last stand to save your country when the enemy knocks at your door. We also believe in saving the world, that is why most Marines join the Corps. There are evil men that will commit horrible atrocities thousands of times worse than you can imagine; all we have to do for them to succeed is sit on our couches do nothing. All most have to do to help save the innocent victims is allow the Marines to do their duty.