City Crime Logs

The following reports were taken from Allston-Brighton District 14’s crime logs from the period of Nov. 7 to Nov. 13.

Unidentified assailants attacked three Allston residents early Saturday morning because they believed the men were gang members.

Four men, three clad in black sweatshirts and black pants and one in a red sweat suit, confronted the residents at the intersection of Harvard Avenue and Brighton Avenue.

“Are you guys part of La Mara Nostra?” asked one of the assailants.

When the victims ignored the harassment, the assailants followed the men as they continued to Gardner Street. Suddenly, the man dressed in red grabbed a wooden plank from a nearby dumpster and pounced on one of the victims, opening a large cut in his head.

The victim’s friends attempted to come to his rescue, but the assailants overpowered them before fleeing to the sound of approaching police sirens.

The victims said they did not belong to a gang.

A sharp reaction

A Brighton woman threatened her roommate with a butcher’s knife Friday night after her roommate complained of noise in the apartment.

The victim heard loud noises coming from the bathroom where her three roommates talked. As she opened the door, she accidentally hit her roommate, Kathlene Edmond, 21, in the hand.

Enraged, Edmond chased her roommate into the bedroom. Her roommate locked the door, but moments later noticed something poking through the door.

The victim opened the door to see a large butcher’s knife stuck in the wooden door.

After the police arrested Edmond, she said she took out the knife because her roommate hit her hand, and said she would always respond with violence when struck.

In your eye!

Unidentified assailants sprayed a Boston College student with mace as he walked down Kirkwood Road in Brighton early Sunday morning.

As the victim walked down the well-lit street, a dark blue sport utility vehicle pulled up alongside of him.

Three men jumped out of the car and yelled obscenities at the victim before one pulled out a canister of mace and sprayed him in the face.

Neighborhood residents found the victim on the side of the road and brought him into their home where he washed his eyes and eventually called for a friend to pick him up.

A costly crime

Unidentified thieves broke into an apartment at 25 Woodstock Ave. in Brighton and stole nearly $3,000 in jewelry and other valuables Friday afternoon.

The perpetrators removed a screen and broke a side bedroom window to enter the apartment while the residents were away at work. They took a jewelry box containing several valuable pieces of jewelry, as well as a digital camera.

An obscene attack

Unidentified assailants robbed a Brighton resident as he walked home in Allston, stealing his wallet.

The assailants snuck up behind the victim as he walked down Brainerd Road, knocking him to the ground and punching him on the head and back as they yelled obscenities.

The victim briefly struggled with the assailants before they took his wallet, containing a credit card and $20.