Campus Crime Logs

The following reports were taken from the Boston University Police Department crime logs from Jan. 12-18.

BUPD received a report at 4:03 a.m. Jan. 15 from a caller who reported getting a ransom call for $100 from her daughter’s cell phone at the Student Village. The party was found unharmed and called home to resolve the issue.

STAND CLEAR OF THE CLOSING DOOR

BUPD received a report at 9:25 a.m. Jan. 12 of a garage door closing on a motor vehicle at 25 Buick St. The car was significantly damaged but no injuries were reported.

FLUSTERED FLAUTIST

BUPD received a report at 12:18 a.m. Jan. 13 of a backpack containing a piccolo instrument worth $5,000 stolen from the College of Fine Arts. BUPD is investigating the case but has no suspects.

DON’T TOUCH THE RA

BUPD received a report at 10:45 p.m. Jan. 14 of a Residence Assistant being pushed by someone at a room at 179 Bay State Rd. The RA was pushed while investigating an alcohol incident.

SPECIAL DELIVERY

A party walked into BUPD Headquarters at 2:45 p.m. Jan. 12 reporting that mail items were stolen from the George Sherman Union. BUPD responded to the scene, and the case is under investigation.

STALKER

BUPD received a report at 3:36 p.m. Jan. 17 from a caller who reported being stalked by a white male in a Dodge Durango near 560 Harrison Ave. Similar calls were made to BUPD about the same incident around the same time.

WALK THE WALK

A BUPD officer was flagged down at 12:18 a.m. Jan. 13 outside the Elephant Walk restaurant at 900 Beacon St. to help Brookline Police remove a disruptive party. The party was issued a warning.

STOLEN TELEVISION

BUPD received a report at 8:22 p.m. Jan. 15 from a party claiming his television was stolen at 117 Bay State Rd. BUPD is still investigating the situation.

NO CLEARANCE

BUPD received a report at 9:46 a.m. Jan. 17 of a traffic light knocked out by an 18-wheeler truck on Commonwealth Avenue. BUPD notified Boston Traffic Police and the MBTA.

PASSED OUT

BUPD received a report at 10:56 a.m. Jan. 16 of a female student passed out in the ladies’ room in the School of Management. The victim was taken to Beth Israel Hospital. DRUG DEAL

BUPD received a report at 9:42 p.m. Jan. 17 of a group of four acting suspicious near the intersection of Bay State Road and Sherborn Street. The caller believed the parties were engaging in drug activities.

STOLLEN WALLET

BUPD received a report at 1:00 p.m. Jan. 12 from a female party claiming her wallet was stolen at the School of Management. BUPD responded to the scene, but the investigation is still underway.

SEIZURE

BUPD received a report at 11:00 a.m. Jan. 18 from Housing Security of a male party having a seizure in Warren Towers. The victim was transported to Brigham and Women’s Hospital.

WHO CAN YOU TRUST?

BUPD received a report at 8:28 a.m. Jan. 18 from a caller reporting the lock to his office had been damaged at 650 Beacon St. The caller said it looked as though someone had tried to gain entry into his office. A co-worker caused the damage, and Facilities Management was notified of the matter.

UNATTENDED BAGGAGE

A party walked into BUPD Headquarters at 4:56 p.m. Jan. 17 to report his backpack was stolen from the GSU. BUPD is investigating the case.