City Crime Logs

The following reports were taken from the Allston-Brighton District 14 crime logs from Jan. 22-29.

Armed robber flees on foot, makes off with $1,000

Police responded Jan. 22 at 8:20 p.m. to a radio call for an armed robbery in progress at Store24 at 957 Commonwealth Ave.

The store clerk reported that a 6-foot-2, 180 lbs. dark-skinned, clean-shaven man entered his store and began to read a magazine near the front door. The suspect approached the counter, picked up a pack of Doublemint gum and pretended to pay for it. He then leapt over the counter and pulled out a small knife, demanding all the money in the register.

When the clerk responded that he could not open the register, the suspect hit him over the head with a plastic price-scanning gun several times. He then threw the clerk to the floor and kicked him. The clerk said he “feared for his life,” so he opened the register for the suspect.

After taking about $1,000, the suspect fled on foot toward Agganis Way. The clerk was transported by ambulance to St. Elizabeth’s Hospital.

Disappearing keg flees scene

Police officers responded to a radio call Sunday at 3:27 a.m. at 41 Pratt St. A 41-year-old man placed a call reporting that he witnessed “a couple of kids” throwing a keg in the air and letting it hit the sidewalk. The witness was concerned the keg might hit his motor vehicle.

The witness tried to take the keg away, but the party took it back and threatened the witness. When police questioned the offenders, they denied the witness’s story. No keg was found on scene.

Assailants flee next door

Police officers responded to a radio call Jan. 28 at 1:15 a.m. about a fight outside an 1868 Commonwealth Ave. apartment. A 21-year-old man reported hearing a commotion outside his apartment. Upon investigating, he was assaulted by several white men between 19 and 23 years old. The victim sustained bruises to his face and a cut above his eye.

The victim reported the assailants ran from the scene, including some to the basement apartment of a neighboring building where residents were reported to have broken two windows in their own apartment.

When police officers approached the assailants who fled to the nearby basement apartment, the assailants said they had only been trying to break up the fight. An 18-year-old woman present at the fight said it was “mutual” and made disparaging remarks about the other party for calling the police. Officers instructed both parties to avoid each other.

Kells bar stabbing suspect . . . flees

At about 3:45 a.m. on Jan. 28, officers responded to a call from the Massachusetts General Hospital regarding a walk-in stabbing victim. The victim was treated for a non-life-threatening stab wound to his left underarm. The victim said he had been with his girlfriend at the Kells Bar in Allston when she left to wait outside for him. As she waited outside, she was speaking with a balding red-haired man. The victim said he left the bar and exchanged words with the man, whom he said then stabbed him and fled. The victim’s girlfriend said the suspect fled on Brighton Avenue.