City Crime Logs

The following reports were taken from the Allston-Brighton District 14 crime logs from Feb. 12-18.

On Feb. 17 at about 7 p.m., police responded to a hit-and-run on Brainerd Road in Allston. The victim and her sister said they were double-parking as they were dropping off a passenger at a house when a white, 60-year-old male in a gray Honda Civic drove up behind their vehicle.

After coming to a complete stop, the suspect honked his horn, according to the victim and her sister. After honking repeatedly to no response, he rammed the victim’s vehicle.

The victim said that while she tried to get out of her vehicle, the suspect first put his car in reverse and then drove forward, attempting to run her over. The suspect’s passenger side mirror hit the victim’s car door and fell to the ground. The victim could not explain how she was not hit by vehicle when the suspect drove by at such a close range.

The suspect sped down Brainerd Road toward Harvard Avenue but was apprehended by Brookline Police in front of his Brookline residence.

‘COMMON AND NOTORIOUS THIEF’

NOT A GREAT ALIAS

On Feb. 16 at 1 p.m., two men were observed breaking into a common area in a building on Englewood Avenue. Police stopped the two suspects as they exited the building’s front door carrying several bags containing two laptop computers, several cameras, a radio and jewelry.

All of the contents were identified as belonging to the residents of a specific apartment. One of the suspects was observed wearing a single glove, whose match was found in the apartment. The other suspect was wearing diamond earrings belonging to a resident of the same apartment.

A screwdriver was confiscated from the suspects, and they were arrested for breaking and entering.

One suspect, 52, has 79 charges on his adult record — 50 of them involve breaking and entering, the first of which incurred in 1975. The other suspect, 58, has 77 charges on his record.

Each suspect has eight alias names, and both are described as “common and notorious” thieves under Massachusetts General Laws.

THE UNFORTUNATE LUCK OF THE IRISH

On Feb. 15 at about 11 p.m., police responded to a radio call at the Sports Depot Bar on Cambridge Street. The manager said he wanted an intoxicated man removed from the bar who had refused to leave upon requests by bar staff after he allegedly verbally abused them.

Police observed the suspect, who had bloodshot eyes and was slurring his speech, drinking a beer at the bar. The suspect responded, “You Americans wonder why the whole world hates you.” The suspect then returned to the bar and again began drinking a beer. When the police asked him to leave again, he accused the police of racially profiling him because he is Irish.

When one officer placed his hand on the suspect’s arm to escort him out of the bar, the suspect resisted, flailing his arms and pulling away. As he was physically removed from the bar, he continued yelling obscenities.

The suspect was transported to District 5 for booking. Upon entering the booking area, the suspect slipped and fell on ice. He was not injured but continued to yell obscenities at the officers.