Another biker in Comm. Ave. collision

A Boston University employee riding his bike on Commonwealth Avenue was forced into a parked van as a car merged into his lane yesterday evening, making him at least the sixth person hit by a car on BU’s main road in the past two weeks.

The car – a brown Toyota sedan, according to police – was traveling around 30 miles per hour, said the biker, Paul Jung, 25, who was riding West toward his Brookline home.

Jung, an astronomy research associate in the College of Arts and Sciences and a 2004 College of Engineering graduate, was shaken up after he crashed into the left taillight of the tan Toyota Sienna LE parked outside the College of General Studies. Jung cut his thumb, but had no other injuries and was not taken to the hospital.

Despite the small scale of the incident, seven Boston Police Department squad cars, two fire trucks and two ambulances responded to the scene.

Jung said he was vaguely aware of BU’s Safety Week last week because he read of a biker hit by a car in a Thursday Daily Free Press story.