Woman escapes attempted rape in Allston

The following reports were taken from the Allston-Brighton District D-14 crime logs from the week of Oct. 1-7.

A young woman called police to report an attempted rape on Easton Street in Allston at 11:23 p.m. Oct. 5.

The 23-year-old woman told an officer she was walking home from dinner when an unidentified Hispanic man approached her at the bridge at the intersection of Cambridge and Lincoln streets. The suspect asked her the time and continued to make small talk with her as she crossed the bridge.

When the woman attempted to walk away from the suspect after crossing the bridge, the man quickly followed her, grabbed her neck in a chokehold and mumbled to her before kissing her neck.

The victim said she then bit the suspect, hit him in the head with her cellphone and ran when he let go of her. She dropped her purse and jacket before fleeing, and the man did not follow her, though she said she thinks he scooped up the belongings she left behind.

The officer told the victim to call police if she sees the suspect again.

He Really Does Mean

“Business”

At about 4:30 p.m. Oct. 1, officers responded to the Last Drop Bar in Brighton after the bar’s manager called to report an alleged threat against a patron.

The manager told police a 45-year-old man arrived at the bar and ordered two rounds of drinks. When the man, who had an Irish accent, asked the manager if he knew another patron, the manager said he did. The man then handed the manager a bullet and told him to give it to the other patron, adding he “meant business.”

The targeted man apparently was tipped off about the suspect’s arrival. The manager told officers the man received a phone call informing him three men were looking for him, and he left the bar 10 minutes before the suspect showed up.

Officers took the bullet to submit to the ballistics unit.

Forgetting the Meaning of the Cross

Just before 3 a.m. Oct. 6, officers responded to a domestic violence call on Chestnut Hill Avenue in Brighton.

Officers met a 25-year-old Asian man with bloodied hands wearing a bloody shirt outside his home. Officers then followed the suspect into his apartment, where they found a 24-year-old white man with a bloody face.

The victim said he and the man had fought while they were in Cambridge before taking different routes home. When the victim returned home, the other man was already there, and they continued their argument.

The victim told officers the suspect then grabbed a knife before he was able to take it away and hide it. The victim then said he grabbed the suspect and tried to push him out the front door before the suspect punched him in the head.

The suspect said he held the knife for self-defense and inflicted a wound on the victim’s head after hitting the man on the head with a cross he pulled off the wall.

Officers took a 5-inch cross covered with blood as evidence. An ambulance took the victim to the hospital for treatment.