Letters to Editor, Opinion

LETTER: Dear DFP Today . . .

I agree wholeheartedly with your call to battle of the ThingFighters and Eugene the Unicorn (‘DFP Today Endorsement: Student Union Needs ThingFighters,’ April 1). While I intend to take this election to a battle to the death in the Thunderdome, I feel that Eugene and the ThingFighters would greatly contribute to the Boston University Student Union.

The ThingFighters, with a history of conciseness in fewer than 800 words, could greatly cut down on the long hours spent in General Assembly. Further, it has always been my position that mystical creatures are greatly underrepresented in the Union, and Eugene’s contribution would help fulfill the push for representation of all students. Eugene may be a 9,337-year-old super-super-senior, but his age only belies great wisdom that the General Assembly will hear in neighs and the occasional whinny.

Ultimately, whether Vision for BU or UniFight gets elected, it is my hope that the Student Union works the best it can to build the best BU community possible. To that end, I would like to extend the open invitation for Eugene, in all his unicorn-y wisdom, to sit on the Cabinet for the 2009-10 school year. His contribution will hopefully join the voices of such other famous invitees as Rhett, Rhett the Hand Puppet, Hotdog and Jesus and the Commonwealth Avenue Running Guy. I invited my good friend, Barack Hussein Obama, but he said he unfortunately already had another Union to lead, whatever that means. Pssssh.

James Sappenfield

Presidential Candidate

Vision for BU

CAS/SMG ’10