Thou shalt not steal checkbooks

The following reports were taken from the Boston University Police Department crime logs from Oct. 14 to Oct. 21.

A BU employee, who lost her checkbook at a Cambridge church earlier this month, called to report that a check had been forged and cashed at the University Credit Union at 846 Commonwealth Ave. on Oct. 14. BUPD classified the $1,525 forged check as bank fraud.

CRAIGLIST STEALER

A BU student reported that he tried to buy tickets through a seller known as ‘Samantha Mill’ on Craigslist for a House of Blues concert in Boston at Student Village I on Oct. 17. He lost $280 through the money-gram he sent the seller.

WHAT’S BROWN, LEATHER AND GONE?

A woman reported her bag was stolen from the School of Management at 4:34 p.m. on Oct. 16. She said the brown leather bag was left unattended in the lobby for two hours and had $900 worth of cash and electronics, such as a cell phone and digital camera.

FIT WRECKED

A BU student reported her wallet stolen from Agganis Arena at 9:20 p.m. on Oct. 15. She said she left her backpack near the track at FitRec while she ran, only to return and find her backpack open and wallet gone.

SUSTAINABLE STEALING

A BU employee reported that someone stole two textbooks from 2 Cummington St. at 2:51 p.m. on Oct. 19. The employee said the books were left in a reusable shopping bag in a classroom, only to return and find them missing.

CFA: COLLEGE OF FREE ALCOHOL

A BU employee called BUPD after the alcohol employees were serving to guests at 855 Commonwealth Ave. was stolen around 7:30 p.m. on Oct. 16. The caller said employees were serving beer, wine and other beverages before a concert at the College of Fine Arts and had left the cart unattended during the concert. They returned to find 24 bottles of beer and all the wine bottles missing.

DOUBLE SHOT OF DENIED

BUPD was notified of a breaking and entering incident at the Barnes and Noble Bookstore on 660 Beacon St. at 4:30 a.m. on Oct. 16. BUPD had video surveillance of a man breaking into the bookstore, attempting to break into the Starbucks cash register unsuccessfully and fleeing.