BU Central parties on after Beanpot

Not everyone could score a ticket to the 58th annual Beanpot Championship hockey game at the TD Garden, but fortunately for Boston University students, they had the option of watching the game at BU Central’s Beanpot viewing party Monday night.

About 100 students gathered for the party, where they had free food and drinks and a raffle for sports jerseys and Boston Red Sox tickets. The crowd watched the Terriers play for a potential 30th Beanpot title in school history in a close but ultimately disappointing game &- Boston College won 4-3.

Many students said they were happy to have a place to watch the game but upset by BU’s eventual loss.

“It really stinks that we had to watch BU lose after being so close to tying the game,” said College of Communication freshman Jashvina Shah. “We were hoping that they were going to make a come back.”

Despite BU’s one-point loss to BC, students said they believed the BU hockey team gave it their all throughout the game.

“It wasn’t a blow-out,” said College of Arts and Science freshman Rachel Canalita. “Thefact that they worked hard to even get that close to a goal [shows that] they worked until the end. They pulled a goal with like, what, three and a half minutes left?”

Many students who attended the viewing party said they could not go to the actual game because tickets were sold out or because they had a paper due or exam Tuesday. The party provided students with an opportunity to watch the much-buzzed about game while also studying for their classes.

“I didn’t actually try to get tickets to the actual game because I couldn’t find anyone to go with,” Shah said. “I also have a test tomorrow.”

Most students who attended the viewing party, such as Shah and Canalita, found out about the event through Facebook.

Event coordinator and Northeastern University senior Alex Cesaro said they used various methods to advertise for the party.

“We put out some posters and worked with the BU Central staff,” he said. “We made a Facebook group and like 100 people confirmed to go on that. I also got help from Activities Information and they were using Twitter. We also made little cards and handed them out around campus.”

Cesaro said the turnout was “awesome.”

“It was really cool because we had people that stayed and watched the whole game,” he said. “I mean, it would have been good to win, but it was still a lot of fun.”