City Crime Logs

The following reports were taken from the Boston Police Department new blog from Apr. 3 to Apr. 4.

At Charlestown High School on 240 Medford St., officers broke up a group of underage teenagers at 12:15 a.m. on Apr. 4. The teenagers were hanging out in the high school’s football field; they were drinking and smashing bottles, according to a call reported to the police. When the officers got there, the police noticed the group in the bleachers drinking from what the police report called “silver cans.” The police arrested the teens for both public drinking and trespassing. Their names were not released to the public.

FOOD FIGHT

At about 11:00 p.m. on Apr. 4, police drove to the Currach Sandwich Shop at 787 Adams St. to find the glass front door shattered. The owner of the store said that a drunk man in his 20s had entered the building after the shop closed and tried to order food. The owner said the shop was closed and he couldn’t serve the man. This prompted the suspect to scream, curse and demand service from the shop owner. The suspect finished this tirade by kicking in the door and running down the street. After hearing this story, officers quickly located the suspect. The owner of the store confirmed his identity.

PAINTED INTO A CORNER

Behind a building at 98 Chester St., officers discovered three teenagers at around 1:00 a.m. on Apr. 3 with spray paint cans. One, an 18-year-old woman, was in the process of tagging the wall with spray paint; two 19-year-old men were behind her with paint on their hands. Newly painted graffiti lined the walls. With this evidence, officers arrested the three teens and charged them with vandalism.