MBTA wants BC students to pay for damage after weekend crash

Eight students, three of them Boston College hockey players, are being asked by the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority to pay for damages caused when their car collided with a Green Line trolley on April 25.

Except for the driver, the other seven passengers of the black Jeep Grand Cherokee that was hit on the side by the T at about 30 mph after being honked at five times, had all been drinking alcohol that night, according to the police report. The driver told the police she was allergic to alcohol.

Police found several open and unopened beer cans as well as a bottle of vodka in the vehicle, according to the report.

Witnesses, including two trolley drivers, reported seeing some of the occupants leave the car carrying what seemed to be alcoholic beverages and bottles.

Two passengers had to be freed from the damaged car by Boston Fire Department firefighters and Emergency Medical Services paramedics with the Jaws of Life, according to the report.

The passengers had, for the most part, minor head, neck and back injuries, according to the report, and were each taken to different hospitals to be treated.

Only the front trolley driver and one rear trolley passenger reported being superficially injured and did not require medical attention, the report also stated.

Reilly Corbett, 18, Parker Milner, 19, Elizabeth Motley, 19, Philip Samuelsson, 18, Tina Dilandry, 18, Jessie Coffield, 19, Patrick Wey, 19 and driver Jane Stanton, 19, have not been formally charged yet, as the investigation into the incident is ongoing. However, they are expected to be summoned in court this week on anticipated charges of underage possession of alcohol.

Wey, Samuelsson and Milner are on the BC men’s national champion hockey team, and Coffield plays women’s lacrosse.

BC officials have said they will not issue any disciplinary action until the investigation proceeds further.