BU dorms go wireless this fall

Boston University students can ditch their Ethernet cords for wireless Internet in the fall, according to a BU Housing email.

“Wireless connectivity in student rooms will be available in The Towers, Warren Towers, West Campus residences (Claflin, Sleeper and Rich Halls), 1019 Commonwealth Avenue and the Student Village residence,” director of BU Housing Marc Robillard said in the email.

The email, which was sent out on Wednesday, also gave a brief update on fall move-in and information for students living on campus.

Sophia Perlstein, a College of Communication sophomore, said Wifi is going to make working in the dorms a lot easier for a lot of students.

“I was able to get Wifi from the common room but it was always such a pain when I was farther away from it,” she said.

However, Perlstein, who will be living in Myles next year, was frustrated that her new dorm wasn’t on the list of those with Wifi.

“I wanted to have easy Internet access without the hassle of the cord,” she said. “But I guess I can still use it easily in other people’s dorms when I am visiting and around campus.”