Police: college move-in mostly without hitch

No crimes, including thefts, were reported in connection with the move, said Scott Paré, the deputy director of public safety for the Boston University Police Department.

"That is a concern with students leaving all those cart unattended on the street," said Paré.

"It's been pretty good &- I'm going to knock on wood as I speak," he added.

However, some Boston College students were not as lucky. One BC student told police that two mopeds were stolen outside an Allston residence on Sept. 1, said Jill Flynn, a Boston Police Department spokeswoman.

Meanwhile, BU students suffered through more typical move-in difficulties.

Stephanie Manzano, a College of Arts and Sciences freshman, said that an early arrival was key to her successful move to Warren Towers.

But she also said that the atmosphere at Warren has been a little chaotic in recent days.

"It's been kinda hectic," Manzano said. "[The elevators] are really hot and packed."

The heat wave occurring last week didn't make a stressful move-in any more comfortable, Manzano said.

"It's been really hot too, we had to buy two fans," she said of her new dormitory room.