W. soccer’s Kevorkian wins AE Player of the Week

After leading the Boston University women's soccer team to an upset of then-No. 22 College of William &' Mary on Friday, forward Lisa Kevorkian has been named this week's America East Player of the Week. Kevorkian contributed two goals, including the game-winner, to the Terriers' 3-1 victory over William &' Mary, the first ranked team BU has beaten since Sept. 17, 2008.

Kevorkian leads both the Terriers and the conference in points with 11 and is tied for first in AE with five goals.

Before coming to BU this year, she played three seasons for the University of California-Berkeley, tallying 19 goals and 37 points.

The 5-foot-5 forward from Arcadia, Calif., notched her first goal for BU against then-No.2 Stanford University back on Aug. 20. Five days later, she had a two-goal performance versus American University in a 3-0 BU win.

In addition to the conference honors, Kevorkian was named to last weekend's Virginia Nike Soccer Classic All-Tournament team. Two of her teammates, senior back Lina Cords and junior midfielder Brittany Heist, were also named to the team following strong defensive performances against the Tribe, who were held to one goal on 11 shots.

She joins field hockey players Andrea Greene and Allie Dolce of the field hockey team as BU Players of the Week in AE this fall, but she is the first member of the women's soccer team to be achieve the honor.</p>