Film & TV, The Muse

More Fall TV preview part I

<strong>Dancing With the Stars</strong>

On ABC, Mondays, at 8 p.m.

I don't watch this tripe regularly. It's been on in my presence, but often I tune in occasionally to see the washed up, D-, E-, &amp;' F-listers make fools of themselves on national primetime. This time it's different. This season has much more potential for crashing and burning, tearful exits, and hopefully falling on stage (my favorite). With a lineup of "stars" (a term that ABC continues to use more loosely than the last round) like Mike "the Situation" Sorrentino and the teen-mom-poster-girl Bristol Palin (who opened the season with a poke-fun at mom), it's hard not to tune in if only out of sheer curiosity. The first episode though proved that this season is going to be more of the same: washed up semi-celebs trying hard to remember their steps.

$#*! My Dad Says

On CBS, Thursdays, at 8:30 p.m.

An unsual beginning for a TV-show, this new CBS venture is a product of the popular Twitter account, Sh*t My Dad Says. The William Shatner-hosted project has yet to air (but if you're curious tune in tonight) and it's already causing commotion among the tech-savvy eager to DVR. As I went to program my DVR, I sought to program a recording for each new primetime show coming up in the fall line-up premiere weeks. Lo, $#*! isn't a word. . . and is not a search-able term on my DVR. I wasn't alone in my frustration, as TV-blogs are on the case, criticizing CBS for their lack of forethought. I think it's a minor issue for a show that I can't promise will last through the season.

<strong>Raising Hope</strong>

On Fox, Tuesdays, at 9 p.m.

Unfortunately, this show seems like another huge disappointment in a sea of already underwhelming new shows. Even the premise fails to impress: as a young man, Jimmy impregnates a convict . . .and ends up "stuck" raising the kid. Unless you find child endangerment and jokes about inadequacies as a parent hilarious, this probably isn't the show for you. It's cheesy, slapstick and annoying all in one quick program, hopefully it won't last.