Campus Crime Logs

The following reports were taken from the Boston University Police Department crime logs from Jan. 24 to Jan. 31.

False alarm

At 3:30 p.m. on Jan. 25, BUPD received a call that a fire alarm had been triggered at 881 Commonwealth Ave. The alarm turned out to be false and the building was cleared by the Boston Fire Department.

Passed out

On Jan. 25 at 3:30 p.m. a male staff member contacted BUPD because his BU Parking Pass had between stolen from his unlocked vehicle in the garage at 595 Commonwealth Ave.

Ch-ch-check it out

On Jan. 25 a female student contacted BUPD because she had been notified of a business scam. A company using the name “Linkshare” has been sending students checks and asking them to deposit them and then return 10 percent. The checks are all fraudulent and BUPD is making further investigations.

iPhoned the BUPD

On Jan. 25 at 6:45 p.m. a male student reported to the BUPD that his iPhone was taken between 3:30 and 4 p.m. in the College of Arts and Sciences building on Jan. 24.

Bobbing for apples

At 10:40 a.m. on Jan. 26 a male professor reported larceny to the BUPD. He claimed that between Jan. 14 and 25 three Mac computers had been stolen from room B04 in the College of Arts and Sciences building.

Aroma therapy

On Jan. 26 a housing advisor called BUPD at 10 p.m. because a dorm in the A building of Warren Towers smelled like marijuana. The BUPD cited the student for possession of illegal drugs.

Crime is a double-edged sword

At 4 p.m. on Jan. 28 the Boston Police Department notified BUPD of a man breaking into a car on Beacon Street. BUPD officers caught him nearby and found that he was in possession of a double-edged knife, an illegal weapon in Massachusetts.

Alcoholics anonymous

A housing advisor in Claflin Hall called BUPD at 11:30 p.m. on Jan. 28 to report that there were several containers of alcohol, including vodka and whiskey, in a dorm party. The two male students were cited for under-aged possession of alcohol.

Hazy situation

At 11:40 p.m. on Jan. 29 a housing advisor called BUPD because a dorm in Claflin Hall smelled like marijuana. Upon entering the room, no drugs were found, but the students were drinking alcohol. BUPD charged the minors with possession of alcohol.