Campus Crime Logs

The following reports were taken from the Boston University Police Department crime logs from Jan. 31 to Feb. 7.

Ex-tra threatening

BUPD received a call at 3 p.m. on Jan. 31 regarding an assault and battery that occurred at 871 Commonwealth Ave. on Jan. 28 at about 10 p.m. A male student and a female student were threatened by the female’s ex-boyfriend. Apparently the suspect had pushed his chest into the female victim, so she filed an emergency restraining order on him.

What a Dell-ight!

On Feb. 1 at 4:30 p.m., an employee at the College of General Studies reported that his Dell laptop had been stolen from the podium in room 505 at some point between 11 a.m. and 12 p.m.

Creep-a-deepin’

On Feb. 2, a female student called BUPD at 5 p.m. because she had observed a suspicious male on her all-female floor, the eighth floor of Rich Hall. She saw him walking around at about 11 a.m., and when she approached him, he fled down the stairwell.

Physical phenomenon

A female student called police at 5:45 p.m. on Feb. 2 after she hung up her coat and purse outside a classroom between 1 and 5 p.m. in the Physics Department and upon returning to her belongings, she noticed her iPod had been stolen.

Total Jag-off

On Feb. 3 at 12 a.m. a male employee called BUPD because his 2011 black Jaguar XJ that he had parked in front of the Hotel Commonwealth was scratched. He parked it there from 9 p.m. and 12 a.m., and he believes that the damage was malicious.

Mac crook

On Feb. 4 at 2:20 a.m., a female student called police from Myles Standish Hall because someone had broken in and entered her room on Feb. 3 between 7 p.m. and 12:30 a.m., at which time she was not home. Her $2,500 MacBook was stolen.

Sure to sober up a runner’s high

A male student informed BUPD that his wallet was stolen from a cubby at Fitness and Recreation Center between 3:15 and 4 p.m. when he had been working out.

Window pains

On Feb. 5 at 2:50 a.m., two male students observed a male breaking a window in the rear of 140 Bay State Road. The suspect eluded capture and was not found.

You can run, but you can’t hide

On Feb. 5 a taxi driver called police at 3:30 a.m. because a female student who he dropped off told him that she needed to get money from her dorm to pay the  fare, but she did not return. Housing officers identified the student but were not able to track her down at the time.

Thanks for the weed

Room advisors smelled marijuana in a dorm at Claflin Hall on Feb. 5 and notified BUPD at 11:45 p.m. Upon entering the room, no one was present, but a small amount of pot was confiscated.