City Crime Logs

The following reports were taken from the Boston Police Department crime logs from Feb. 18 to Feb. 21.

A fare amount of trouble

Officers saw a man run into a cab that had stopped to pick up a fare on Lansdowne Street on Feb. 21. The man then ran off into a crowd. Police officers tracked down the man after the driver observed damage to his car and charged him with willful and malicious destruction of property.

Something’s fishy

On Feb. 21, officers responded to a call at the East Ocean City Restaurant about a breaking and entering. The officers found the suspect lying intoxicated on a table in the restaurant. The suspect was unable to recall why he was there. Witnesses said that the man had a net and was attempting to catch fish from the fish tank in the restaurant.

These are my confessions

Officers pulled over a man on Washington Street for speeding on Feb. 20 at 12:44 a.m. When the suspect opened the door, the police smelled marijuana and searched the car. When the police found a loaded firearm under the front passenger seat, the driver and two female passengers were arrested. However, the man said, “The gun is mine, let the girls go!” and the female passengers were only charged with possession of marijuana. The man was charged with unlawful possession of a loaded firearm.

Catch me if you can

On Feb. 19, police followed a man who appeared to be concealing a weapon on his person in the area of Washington Street. The suspect at first ran away and then drove at high speed until officers set up a traffic stop. While officers pulled the suspect over and asked for his license and registration, another observed the handle of the previously concealed firearm under the seat of the car. The man was arrested and the firearm was recovered.

We found the mother load

Police obtained a search warrant for a house in Dorchester on Feb. 20. Officers set up surveillance and waited for the owners of the apartment to arrive home. After searching the house they recovered, among other items, digital scales, measuring cups, crack cocaine, cocaine, firearms and marijuana. The individuals were then arrested.

Second times a charm

On Feb. 18, the police received a call about an unarmed robbery that occurred near Kneeland Street. The victim said that he was walking when a man threatened him with physical harm and demanded he hand over his money. The suspect fled after the victim handed over an undisclosed amount of money. Although the police did not apprehend him after that incident, another victim reported a similar incident, and the suspect was then apprehended.