Film & TV, The Muse

Royal Wedding-zilla

Because an SNL Skit wasn’t Enough

HBO is moving into production this week on their newest film Game Change, which follows John McCain’s failed 2008 presidential campaign, featuring the one and only Sarah Palin. Julianne Moore has been cast to play the infamous Vice Presidential candidate and the newest photos of the actress in costume (donning the trademark American flag pin and tidy up-do with bangs) offers a first look at their eerie resemblance.

NBC’s The Voice
Draws Mixed Reviews, but Strong Numbers
The newest primetime show in the NBC lineup premiered this Tuesday with terrific audience numbers as reported by Nielsen. I won’t bore you with the technical figures, but in layman’s terms this show has boosted NBC’s season viewing average by almost 90 percent. The reviews from critics are like black and white: some praise this as an original spin on a favorite genre featuring lovable contestants, while others feel it’s a poor combination of mediocre singers and boring celebrity judges. We’ll have to see how the show fares in coming weeks.
Royal Wedding may be a Royal Headache for American Television?
It’s been reported that the upcoming, highly anticipated royal wedding will draw the largest audience in television history. Broadcasters around the world are scrambling to relate everything and anything to the ceremony in London. You would be hard pressed to find more than a handful of networks that don’t have some kind of royal wedding centered news coverage, analysis, documentary or other extraneous related production. Personally I think it’s getting to be a bit nauseating, but if the people want it, I promise you every television network under the sun will scramble to provide it. If it fancies you, you can tune into the real thing at the bright and sunny hour of 4 a.m. on Friday.