City Crime Logs: That Wasn’t Fare

Officers in Mattapan were on Blue Hill Avenue when they saw a female following a black man at 2 a.m. Tuesday morning. The girl stopped chasing the man at 1165 Blue Hill Ave. as they saw him run across the street and jump into a taxi. The officers then saw the girl attempt to chase the cab down the street and asked if she needed help. She said that the suspect asked her for a dollar and when she pulled out her wallet he grabbed her money and ran. Officers were able to catch up to the cab and arrest the suspect for unarmed robbery.

Tired of luggin’

At 4 a.m. Wednesday morning officers responded to a call that two black men were attempting to steal wheels from a car at 22 Margaret St. in the South End. At the site officers saw two men standing next to a Mini Cooper with three tires missing. Both suspects ran away when the police approached them, but were caught. The witness who called verified that the car was not theirs. The officers found three tires in the suspects’ car and a lug nut in one of their pockets. They were charged with larceny from a motor vehicle and receiving stolen property.

Drunkalepsy narcolepsy

Officers on Monday at 12 a.m. responded to a radio call for a man hunched over his car wheel with the gear in drive and the engine running on East Eagle Street. When officers approached the car they tried to wake the man unsuccessfully and eventually had to ask Boston firefighters to open the car of the car and turn off the engine. The man, when awakened, was glassy eyed and smelled of alcohol. When asked how much he drank he said only two and refused to take a sobriety test. The suspect was arrested for operating under the influence of alcohol.

iPod iSteal iStupid

On Sunday morning at 8 a.m. officers were on duty at the Haymarket Massachusetts Bay Transit Authority station when a man approached an officer in plain clothes and offered to sell him a new iPod. The officer said he would pay $20 for the iPod, but the man asked him for $40. Then the officer identified himself as an officer and questioned about where he produced a brand new iPod. The suspect said he purchased it with a credit card, but could not show a receipt. The suspect also had two digital cameras and a GPS on him. Officers arrested the man for larceny and receiving stolen property.